November 27, 1839

On This Date in TWISTED-HISTORY! in 1839, the American Statistical Association was founded in Boston. 57.57% of the founding members died virgins and the other 42.43% members’ descendants eventually produced 71.8% of the actuaries and baseball statisticians alive today.

About Joel Byers

Born in North Georgia and educated at some very fine public institutions. Real education started after graduating from college and then getting married and raising two boys. Has the ability to see the funny and absurd in most things and will always remark on it, even if it means getting the stink-eye from his victims.
This entry was posted in 19th Century, Historical Facts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *